Welcome!

I don't like being defined for I have worn many labels through high school and college.
This blog is a challenge to myself to be true to who I am through writing what I really feel.
It is also a challenge to you readers to be true to who you are.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Going a bit crazy here.

OpenCola (drink) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm a Linux fan boy. I love my Arch Linux laptop, and I love playing with my OS and breaking and fixing it. I enjoy finding new FOSS software, and I live by the KISS principle. That being said, Open Cola is pretty crazy. I admire what they are trying to do, but what is the point of starting a company to sell it. People will just make it themselves or buy Coke or Pepsi. Same with the Free Beer. Anyone who can make it will, or they won't care enough to bother. Were talking about consumables here, not computer programs. The open source movement is about sharing ideas to make a better product. Open Cola should just make their own company or make a website for people to share recipes. To build a factory to make this stuff is just crazy. I don't know. I guess the idea has merit, but the economist in me doesn't see it. Open Source to me is the freedom to customize for yourself. Customization is important in technology for productivity. I don't know....

Byron Siwelnor

No comments:

Post a Comment