Welcome!

I don't like being defined for I have worn many labels through high school and college.
This blog is a challenge to myself to be true to who I am through writing what I really feel.
It is also a challenge to you readers to be true to who you are.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm back. Now Europe the next part.

After Vienna, the family and I went to Madrid.  There we visited my sister, who was interning there.  
In la Plaza del Sol, there was a manefestacion (protest) made up of a tent city of young adults who were protesting not having jobs or enough money to get an education.  They had been there for weeks, and the protest actually ended the day we left.  This just showed us how bad Spain's economy is currently.  Part of it can be attributed to the work day.  They start around 9am, work until lunch, have lunch for 3 hours, then work till 8 or ten.  Then they party.  

Another interesting think from Spain is how the kings are related to the Hapsburgs.  The family relationship between Austria and Spain was evident in the architecture, and grandeur of the palace.  The palace itself was the grandest, most over the top, of all the European Palaces.  (According to my dad who has seen Versailles  and many other palaces)  

Well that brings me to the end of my vacation story.  Tune in next time for real news and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment