Welcome!

I don't like being defined for I have worn many labels through high school and college.
This blog is a challenge to myself to be true to who I am through writing what I really feel.
It is also a challenge to you readers to be true to who you are.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fear

So last weekend, my friends and I went to Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky, Ohio.  Prior to this trip I hated roller coasters.  My fear of them was only surpassed by my fear of Spiders and other creepy crawlies.  So  we get to Cedar Point, and as soon as we get on the gondolas that take us to the other side of the park, I started getting that fear in the pit of my gut.  I wondered if it was fear or that really big breakfast at Denny's that would make me blow chunks.

Luckily, I was there with my twin, (not really twins, or even blood related) who dragged me on the Magnum first thing.  This coaster was wild.  I kept my eyes open, and while I almost blew chunks coming off of it (after the ride), it was highly enjoyable.  We continued on to the wooden coasters (Mean Streak, and Gemini), and then to the Millennium Force.  The Millennium Force tested all my fears, and in the end I won.  I went on many more coasters that day (including the front of the Raptor, and my favorite, the Maverick), and I never felt sick, or like I was going to die.  The only ones I refused to go on were the Dragster (due to doctors orders), and the Max Air (I had ridden it before and it was physically painful to my body to ride).   I can't wait to go back and hit up the ones I missed.

Fear is a funny thing..   It eats you up, but you just have to face it.  It's like in Green Lantern, when Hal and the gang realize that you don't live without fear, but you overcome it.  Maybe there is hope for my fear of Spiders.  (I'm obscenely arachnophobic).

Also, do you think I should repay twin by taking her to face her fear of monster trucks?

Byron Siwelnor

No comments:

Post a Comment